Monday, November 23, 2009

Pitos-topped macaroni, vegie & cheese



I recieved some Pitos Pita Chips to try, and rather than use them all as chips, I decided to use some of them as a crunchy topping to my Macaroni, Vegies & Cheese.... I chose to use the Sour Cream & Chives flavour for this!


Basically, I cook some pasta, and then create a regular white sauce, to which I add a variety of grated vegetables - zuccinni, carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato, as well as corn & peas and some fresh herbs.  I add a litle grated cheese and put it all into an oven proof dish, topping with the Pitos Pita CHips and a little more cheese, and bake in the oven until browned.....





Yum! The chips were deliciously crunchy!

We ate the Sweet Chilli Pitos Pita Chips in the more conventional way - out of a bowl - these were my favourite - they had a really strong sweet chilli flavour!!

No comments: