Friday, September 11, 2009

Chocolate Brownies

I made some Chocolate Brownies for Janet on the weekend..... the recipe is a hand written one I havein one of my recipe folders. It has no name on it, so I am not sure who it came from. But it is from someone who has neat writing and a red pen :-).  The original recipe is for Walnut Brownies. Obviously if you want them to be Walnut Brownies. add walnuts.  Because these were for Janet, I used chocolate chips instead, since she is not a fan of crunchy nuts.

Chocolate Brownies

125g butter (I used 125g Suncoast Gold Vitality Macadamia Spread)
1/4 cup cocoa
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup of your choice of add-in (I used choc chips, but macadamias would be fantastic, as are pecans or walnuts)

melt butter in saucepan, stir in cocoa and sugar.  Remove from heat and whisk in eggs. Stir in flour and add-in of your choice.  Spread evenly into a slice tin. (I then sprinkled with some more choc chips).  Bake in moderate oven for about 20 minutes.  When cool, cut into squares of a size of your choosing. 

Because I used the Vitality spread instead of Butter (which is made from macadamia oil, it really would have been more appropriate to make these into macadamia brownies...maybe next time!!)








No comments: