Monday, May 18, 2009

Cheap Cake!

For my Mum's birthday, I looked in an old handwritten cookbook that I got from my Gran. It was kind of a late-minute decision to make a cake, so our ingredients were a little limited, so this cake, titled "cheap cake" seemed to be just the right thing!



Cheap Cake



1 1/2 cups flour

1 cup sugar

1 tablespoon butter

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon cocoa

1 tablespoon cinnamon

1/2 cup boiling water

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking powder



Cream butter & sugar (this was difficult, so I just beat it together for quite a long time). Add egg, well beaten, then dry ingredients, then milk and lastly boiling water. Bake 1/2 hour. (I baked it at 180 degrees, since it didn't specify)

I iced the cake with a butter cream icing, lightly tinted with cocoa, with a drizzle of maple syrup also added.







No comments: