Thursday, January 03, 2008

I am Slack - big suprise!

yeah yeah. So I have started the year with much slackness. My intentions to get up each morning and exercise have come to nothing. Yes, its only the 3rd of January, so I still have time to get myself into gear. I have to remind myself of all those winter mornings that I was up and out the door running when there was frost on the ground and I couldn't feel my fingers. Running at the moment would be positively delightful compared to that! So I just have to do it!

I have been playing around with some scrapbooking and have done a few pages now. Nothing too great, but I am learning how to manouvre around in photoshop, which is the hardest part.

We have a new addition to the family. George. We love him. The Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine is what I am talking about. Revolutionising the kitchen! It means I will be enjoying a delicious mountain bread wrap filled with grilled capsicum, zucchinni & eggplant, with some fresh lettuce and my newly invented pesto-hommus. Delicious!




The pesto-hommus is quite something. And has nothing to do with George. It is my own invention, and I do not know why I didn't ever think to try it before. All it involves is throwing a large handful of fresh herbs into the whizzer when making the usual hommus (I use a can of chick peas, a big spoon of crushed garlic, a big squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of oil and a dollop of tahini (although I have been substituting macadamia paste recently - good move!). The herbs make it taste supremely good!

Another good addition to your basic hommus is some roasted capsicum. I tried this last week. Makes the hommus a lovely colour and adds a delicious sweetness!

No comments: