Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Easy Vegie Lasagne

This is my easy, cheats way of making a vegie lasagne - and it tastes great!  Instead of cooking up anything and assembling the lasagne in the traditional way, I use a jar of bottled pasta sauce, grated raw vegies (usually zuccini, pumpkin & sweet potato), a couple of beaten eggs and a little cheese (all of these factors depend on what food happens to be in the house at the time)

You begin with a little of the bought sauce on the bottom of an oven proof dish, followed by dried, instant lasagne sheets. Next a layer of grated zuccini, over which I pour some of the beaten egg and sprinkle a little cheese (this can be cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, fetta, or ricotta, whatever takes your fancy). Next, another layer of pasta, then a layer of grated pumpkin and some more pasta sauce. Continue like this until the dish is full.  I finish with a layer of pasta, covered with sauce and a spirinkle of mozzarella on the very top.  I then (depending on how "wet" the bottled sauce is) pur a bout 1/4 cup of water into the dish and bake the whole lot in a 180 oven for about 45 minutes, or until the pasta and vegies are nice and tender.







the pictures aren't exactly great, but you get the idea!!

4 comments:

Kylie said...

Sounds delish. Will have to give this a go!

Mireya said...

This looks so good! My hubby likes to have meat in his dinner, but I have a feeling, I could sneak this one by him :)

Gastronomy Gal said...

That looks good but sometimes I have trouble with the dried lasagne sheets. They sell fresh lasagne sheets in the supermarket now- where the fresh pasta is in the fridge section. If you have problems with the dried sheets, they could be worth a shot.

Alibongo said...

Fresh lasagne would make this even better I am sure - but for a scrounging in the cupboard/fridge-type meal, dried works fine!