I used a recipe for Vanilla Butter Biscuits from good taste magazine, march 1999 issue. I altered the recipe a little to turn them into
Maple Cinnamon Butter Biscuits.
75g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs maple syrup
115g self raising flour
100g plain flour
cinnamon sugar for rolling in
1. preheat oven to 160 C
2. beat butter, sugar, vanilla, maple syrupo & cinnamon until creamy
3. sift together flours and add gradually to the butter mixture alternatively with the milk to form a soft dough.
4. roll into tablespoon sized balls, roll these balls into cinnamon sugar. place on trays about 4cm apart.
5. press balls down with a fork slightly
6. bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.