Monday, March 02, 2009

Happy Birthday Janet!

So on Saturday it was Janet's birthday, and we seem to have spent the whole weekend eating.



A bit of present opening was followed by pancakes for breakfast. Then I mowed the lawn while Janet finished reading her Library book. Then it was off to the library for an exciting birthday outing, followed by a stop at Amart Allsports for some new running shoes for me. Stupid lady tried to tell me that the size 10 shoes I was about to try on wouldn'
t fit me and I should try a size 6. Even though I had previouslt tried on an 8 1/2 which was toooo small. Stupid woman then made some comment about not needing a boat if I went fishing when the 10's fit me.

Anyway, next stop was Brodies for lunch - Chicken Roll for Janet, and a Brodie Burger minus the meat for me. Plus some delicious chippies. THey make them fresh, so they are deliciously crunchy.


For dinner we went with Pam & Sid to Sizzler. This is my plate....




This is Janet's salad bar plate.....


And her Fisherman's something or other meal.....


Then on Sunday it was off to my parent's place for a barbeque.... and my Mum made us crepes for desert...yum!!! I made an experimental cake.... because janet likes doughnuts, I call it a doughnut inspired sponge cake. It was Nigella's Victoria Sponge cake with some cinnamon added, I then brushed the 2 cakes with melted butter and rolled them in cinnamon sugar, and sandwiched them together with Mock cream. It worked quite well, although if I did it again, I would not add the cinnamon to the cake, I'd just make it vanilla-ey.
































1 comment:

caite said...

Happy Birthday Wishes to Janet!!