Thursday, October 23, 2008

tomato soup creations...




I have recently discovered that we have 8 tins of tomato soup in the cupboard. This is because I kept buying it when it was on special. And then didn't bother to actually use any of it. So I see tomato soup featuring as an ingredient in many dinners to come....... Last night I made Janet crumbed veal (crumbed in breadcrumbs, fresh hers & romano cheese). And we both had spaghetti with tomato soup sauce. (not just tomato soup of course - it also had onion, garlic, zucchinni, capsicum and fresh herbs). What else can I see - I am sure spaghetti and meatballs will soon make an appearance (alongside spaghetti & not-meatballs - my creation of lentils and soy beans, which are quite delicious...I make up a big batch and freeze them)


Possibly some more home made ravioli will be another idea. And of course I can always make a stew-like creation for Janet - a bit of paprika fred up with onions and the meat before adding the soup is always a good move.



That is all I can come up with for now....... I usually only use half a tin in each meal, so that means 16 meals featurng tomato soup.


And I forgot the most obvious one.....tomato soup!! :-)

No comments: