Monday, October 18, 2010

Breakfast At home - haloumi, spinach, tomato & toast

Breakfast

This is the delicious breakfast I enjoyed Saturday morning when I came home from training.  I will admit to having a bit of an addiction to haloumi cheese at the moment :-) .

This is a super easy breakfast to make and I think its better than any breakfast I have ever gotten out at a cafe!

I simply put some sliced haloumi into a non stick frying pan with some sliced tomato and cook until the haloumi is deliciously golden on both sides. When that is done, I move it to the side of the pan and pop in some chopped red onion, once the onion has softened I add some baby spinach leaves and a splash of balsamic vinegar and cook briefly until the spinach has wilted a little. Then serve with some wholemeal toast!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I wish you could move in and be my cook. :) Looks amazing, as always.